“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28:19-20
Serve in Student Ministry
The Student Ministry can only minister effectively when it has the support it needs. We have opportunities this fall to help with Student Ministry in a variety of ways. From behind-the-scenes to weekend group leaders to leaders for the new campus there are plenty of opportunities to be involved in leadership in the Student Ministry.
Our current needs –
- Small Group Leaders: If you have a heart for seeing students grow in their relationships with Jesus, this is for you. We need leaders for both middle school and high school, on Sunday mornings and evenings, and on Wednesday nights.
- Student Worship Team: Students, we are looking for talented musicians and vocalists who have a heart for worship! If you would like more information on how to get involved with the worship team that leads on Sunday nights, please contact Josiah at email@example.com.
- First Impressions: This team will be responsible for making students feel welcome when they come on Sunday nights, especially for first-time students. They will set up our check-in system and input new students into our database.
- Cafe Volunteers: We are looking for people willing to man our Cafe in Common Ground on Sunday nights during Student Ministry. Volunteers will be responsible for restocking, setting-up and tearing-down the Cafe in Common Ground each night. Volunteers will serve on a rotating monthly basis as they are available.
- Set-up/Tear Down: This team will be in charge of setting up and tearing down the games and chairs for Student Ministry on Sunday nights.
- Prayer Team: A group of individuals who commit to praying for our students and leaders during Student Ministry events, as we strive to infuse passion for Jesus into the students of Westmoreland County.
Fill out this form if you are interested in serving in Student Ministry. If you have any questions, please contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-805-0355 x254 if you are able to help us out!
Appalachia Service Project
Stay tuned for information about our 2018 trip!
ASP Website – ASPhome.org
On the third Saturday of every month, Charter Oak Church hosts a food bank that serves 300 families and gives them the food they need. If you are interested in serving, please show up at 8am and fill out this form.
8th Avenue Place
On the first Saturday of every month, a group from Charter Oak Church travels to Homestead near Pittsburgh to serve a meal to the homeless and build relationships with people of the inner city. This is a great opportunity for small groups to serve together, so contact your small group leader if you would be interested in serving with your group.
8th Avenue Place Website – eighthaveplace.com